Field-Noise Effects in NMR
A Course on the Effects of Magnetic Field Noise on Various NMR Signals.
If you are interested in this course/talk, please, contact us.
For a poster about this topic, click here.
Relator: S.Sykora. Duration: Course 5-10 hours; seminar 60-120 minutes.
- I. What is field noise
- Field noise sources
- Field noise characteristics:
- White, periodic and quasi-periodic field noise
- Autocorrelation function
- Amplitude and correlation time
- Expected field noise in various NMR fields:
- (HR, LR Relaxometry, MRI, FFC, Mouse)
- II. Effects of field-noise on FID's and on 1D spectra
- Single scan effects
- Effects on accumulated data:
- FID weighing due to field-noise
- Lineshape convolution functions
- Accumulation efficiency impairment
- Experimental assessment of the field noise
- III. Effects of field-noise on spin echos
- Impairment of the refocussing efficiency of Hahn-echo
- Effects on multiple refocusing echos
- Negative effects on PFGSE
- 'Resonant' effects on CPMG
- IV. Effects of field-noise on 2D and 3D spectra
- Explanation of t1 noise
- Quantitative characteristics of t1 noise
- V. Field-noise effects in NMR relaxometry
- Near absence of effects on T1 estimates
- Impact on T2 and T1ρ estimates: bias and errors
- Fighting large-amplitude field-noise in fast-field-cycling (FFC) NMR relaxometry
- VI. Field-noise in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
NMR, MRI, ESR:
Stan's NMR Blog
K-space and MRI
Support this site!
Shop from here: