Should there be anything wrong with an entry, please, let me know. I will be glad to correct it.
Note: an entry can appear in several categories.
Organizations and Offices
Journals, e-Zines and Blogs
Patent searches and related services
IP definitions and legal aspects.
- OAMI. European Office for Harmonization of Internal Market (trademarks, designs, models).
- INTA. International Trademark Association.
- Marcaria. International trademark protection services.
- Trademark site of Georg Pintz & Partners. Affordable.
- US Patent Office trademarks searches.
- World Trademark Law Report. An e-mail News daily. Registration required.
Alternative approaches to IP protection
Self-publishing possibilities and how-to do it
Self-publishing is coming of age and even becoming the publishing mainstream, perhaps. It used to be something like "ok, you wrote this booklet of poems and want to publish them, but we (the publisher) doubt it can fly on the market, so if you pay the expenses+ for 100 copies, we will consider it, else it was nice to meet you". This has changed completely thanks to new technologies. There is now Internet, e-books, all kinds of contents-hungry "tablets", print-on-demand, etc, and variuos kinds of businesses are springing up around them, opening new opportunities to would be authors and artists as well. The whole area is in constant and febrile evolution, so you better dedicate it three days of study before signing a contract with one of the Companies.
- Amazon self-publishing options (see bottom of each page) now leads to Create Space.
- Author House.
- Aventine Press.
- Book Locker.
- Create Space, a rather new Amazon spin-off.
- Dog Ear Publishing.
- Infinity Publishing.
- Instant Publisher.
- iUniverse, one of the majors of self-publishing.
- Lulu, a well established initiative.
See bottom of their home page for international and media choices.
- Self Publishing.
- Writers Digest.
- Xulon Press is Cristian-oriented
- Articles and other resources:
- About the self publishing concept on Wikipedia.
- About self publishing companies by Victory Crane (good, but company lists are obsolete).
- Muslim Writers Publishing resources website.
- The Independent Publishing Magazine Mick Rooney's blog.
- On comparing self-publishing Companies.
- Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing,
Kindle book on Kindle publishing, by Amazon, costing 0.00.
For other zero-cost Kindle-writing manuals, look here
and here, etc.
- Victory Crane's website (authoring services).
- In Italy / Italiano:
- Articoli sul self-publishing su un sito Italiano.
- Lulu, una iniziativa Italiana.
Companies offering patent and IP services
- Clarke & Modet. Largest IP consulting firm in Spain, Portugal and South America.
- Delphion. Patent searches and investment consultiong.
- Extra Byte offers technical expertise in patents evaluation and legal litigation in cases
involving physics, especially NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) and MRI (MR Imaging).
- Fildata. Ricerche e documentazione brevetti in Italia e all'estero.
- Gallagher & Dawsey for small and medium-size Companies. Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Ohio.
- Georg Pintz & Partners in Hungary.
- International IP Protection in the US. They publish their prices!
- Kevin Kennedy & Associates. Expert technical consulting, including legal services.
- MBHB, McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff. Pragmatic business solutions.
- Oppedahl Patent Law Firm. Info+. They are willing to give before they get. Thumbs up.
- Questel Orbit. Intellectual Property Group.
- Studio Torta in Italia. Torino, Milano, Bologna, Treviso, Rimini, Roma.
- Dialog online training and resources.
Resources, manuals, instructions, advice, ...
ADVERTISE with us
MATH | SOFTWARE
PHYSICS | CHEMISTRY
ELECTRONICS | DSP
WWW | Patents & IP
MRI | NMR | ESR
SCIENCE Edu & Fun
MATH & SOFTWARE
PHYSICS | CHEMISTRY
Support this site!
Shop from here: