To the best of my knowledge, all these books were made available on Internet in a legal way (else, please, let me know).
The links are checked about once a month and any broken ones are eliminated.
Thanks to all who share their knowledge for free with all of us.
Authors, please, let me know the link to your document, so I can list it here.
If the document is not yet on the Interned, let me know anyway and I will host it on this site for free.
Free, online BOOKS about NMR, ESR and NQR
Free, online BOOKS about MRI
Other free, online BOOKS related to Magnetic Resonance
Online THESES about/using NMR or NQR
Do you want to have your Thesis listed here? Let me know the link or send me the PDF.
Theses are listed only when full text can be linked-to or is available on this site.
- 2011 Robert L. Ward, PhD, Massey University, Manawatu, New Zealand
Development and Applications of a Low-Field Portable NMR System.
- 2010 Stephanie Gisela Köneke, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Application of zero-quantum coherence and transitions in solid-state NMR.
- 2010 Ingo Gerhard Scholz, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Operator-based floquet theory and its applications to solid-state NMR.
- 2009 Giuseppe Rinaldin, Master, University of Bologna, Italy,
Sviluppo del metodo PERFIDI e sua verifica sperimentale per il filtraggio del segnale NMR in sistemi multicomponenti. In Italiano.
- 2008 Patryk Gumann, PhD, Technical University, Darmstadt, Germany,
Fluorine dynamics in BaF2 superionic conductors investigated by NMR.
- 2008 Jan-Berndt Hövener, PhD, University of Heidelberg, Germany,
13C spin hyperpolarization by PASADENA: Instrumentation, preparation of magnetic tracers, and NMR spectroscopy and imaging in vivo.
- 2008 Vadim Slynko, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
NMR spectroscopy of bacterial N-glycosylation.
- 2008 Maartens Veevaete, PhD, Universität Bremen, Germany
Applications of Earth's Field NMR to porous systems and polymer gels.
- 2007 Prashant Radheshyam Agrawal, PhD, Leiden University, Netherlands
Membrane fusion studies with solid state NMR : a new structural perspective on the interplay between biomimetic lipids and De Novo designed synthetic peptides.
- 2007 Pascal Bettendorf, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
The new software RADAR for automation of three-dimensional protein structure determination by NMR in solution.
- 2007 Lorant Bodis, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Quantification of Spectral Similarity: Towards Automatic Spectra Verification.
- 2007 Thomas Lange, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Detection of J-coupled metabolites in magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- 2007 K.J. Mallikarjunaiah, PhD, Bangalore University, India
NMR Instrumentation and Studies
in Ammonium and Methyl-Substituted Ammonium Compounds.
- 2007 Devendra Babu Nama, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Synthesis, PGSE diffusion and multidimensional NMR studies on transition metal organometallic species.
- 2007 Lori L.Sanfratello, PhD, University of New Mexico, USA
NMR Studies of Flowing and Segregating Granular Materials.
- 2006 Edward J.D'Auvergne, PhD, University of Melbourne, Australia
Protein dynamics: A study of the model-free analysis of NMR relaxation data.
- 2006 Shipra Prakash, PhD, University of Leiden, Netherlands
Photo-CIDNP studies on reaction centers of rhodobacter sphaeroides.
- 2006 Leo Lee Tsai, PhD, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Development of a Low-Field 3He MRI System to Study
Posture-Dependence of Pulmonary Function.
- 2005 Adrianus Josinus van Gammeren, PhD, University of Leiden, Netherlands
Membrane Protein Studies with Magic Angle Spinning NMR.
Sequence specific assignments and structure-function relations of the photosynthetic light-harvesting 2 complex.
- 2005 Sobiroh Kariyo, PhD, RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Molecular Dynamics of Polymers by Means of NMR Field Cycling Relaxometry.
Available also here
- 2005 Anil Kumar Payyadi Govardhan, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
PGSE diffusion and multidimensional NMR studies on late transition metal complexes.
Applications in homogeneous catalysis.
- 2005 Poulomi Sannigrahi, PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Composition and cycling of natural organic matter: Insights from NMR spectroscopy.
- 2005 Weimin Wu, PhD, University of Nottingham, UK
Field-cycling NMR investigations of nuclear
spin relaxation and proton tunnelling.
- 2004 Ido de Boer, PhD, Leiden University, Netherlands
Modeling of chlorosomal light-harvesting antennae: molecular control of self-assembly of chlorins, resolved by MAS NMR.
- 2004 Rochus L.J.Keller, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Optimizing the process of nuclear magnetic resonance spectrum analysis and computer aided resonance assignment.
- 2004 Vladimir V.Korostelev, PhD, Manchester University, UK
Improvements in 3D Automated Shimming Techniques
in High-Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance.
- 2004 Beathe Sitter, PhD, Norvegian University of Science and Technology
Tissue Characterization by High Resolution Magic Angle Spinning MR Spectroscopy.
- 2004 Tiejun Zhao, PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
NMR pulse sequence development and studies of threaded macromolecules.
- 2003 John W.Logan, PhD, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Gas Dynamics Studied via Gas-Phase NMR
and Solid-State NMR Studies of Quadrupolar Nuclei.
- 2003 Leif Schröder, PhD, University of Heidelberg, Germany. In German.
Quantenmechanische Feinstruktur und molekulare Dynamik gekoppelter Spin-1/2-Systeme in der In-vivo-NMR-Spektroskopie.
[Quantum Mechanical Fine Structure and Molecular Dynamics of Coupled Spin-1/2 Systems in In vivo NMR Spectroscopy].
- 2003 Jamie D.Walls, PhD, University of California, Berkeley, USA
New NMR Structural Methods and Dynamical Models for Dipole-coupled and Quadrupolar Spin Systems.
- 2002 Wyndham B.Blanton, PhD, University of California, Berkeley, USA
High Performance Computations in NMR.
- 2002 Jocelyne Fiaux, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Solution NMR with large macromolecular assemblies - the GroE chaperonin system.
- 2002 Robert H.Havlin, Jr., PhD, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Exploring Dipolar Coupling and the Chemical Shift for Structure Determination in Solids and in Liquid Crystals..
- 2002 Ho Wong, PhD, University of Hong Kong, China
Applications of high field nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the structure elucidation, conformational anslysis and asymmetric synthesis of natural products.
- 2002 Tiina Liitiä, PhD, University of Helsinki, Finland
Application of Modern NMR Spectroscopic Techniques to Structural Studies of Wood and Pulp Components.
- 2002 Salman Zaher, PhD, Techion, Israel,
A μSR and NMR Study of Quantum Tunneling of the Magnetization in High Spin Molecules.
- 2001 Roland M.E. Valckenborg, PhD, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
NMR on Technological Porous Materials.
- 2001 Glenn Patrick Teen Chung Wong, PhD, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Experiments using Laser-Polarized Noble Gas.
- 2000 David Chaiyarat Bear, PhD, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Fundamental Symmetry Tests Using
a 129Xe/3He Dual Noble Gas Maser.
- 2000 M.E. Van Loo, PhD, University of Leiden, Netherlands
Anions of acenaphthylene: reactions, NMR spectroscopy and quantum chemical calculations.
- 2000 Barth-Jan Van Rossum, PhD, University of Leiden, Netherlands
Structure of refinement of photosynthetic componenets with multidimensional MAS NMR dipolar correlation spectroscopy.
- 2000 John B.W.Webber, PhD, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
Characterising Porous Media.
- 1999 Xin Wei Xu, Master, Texas Tech University,
NMR Relaxation in Synthetic Porous Media.
- 2004 Sesha A. Sailaja, PhD, University of Hyderabad, India
Proton magnetic relaxation investigations of correlation among molecular structure and dynamics in liquid crystals and fabrication of field cycling NMR spectrometer.
- 2000 D. Loganathan, PhD, University of Hyderabad, India
Field cycling NMR studies of molecular dynamics in liquid crystals.
- 1985 William N.Platt, PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Proton NMR relaxation studies of water in pulp fibers.
Online THESES about/using ESR (EPR)
Online THESES about/using MRI
- 2008 Anke Henning, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Magnetic resonance spectroscopy localization at high and ultra-high field strength.
- 2009 Ilja Kaufmann, PhD, University of Würzburg, Germany. In German.
Funktionelle NMR-Mikroskopie an Pflanzenwurzeln.
Functional MR imaging of plant roots.
- 2008 Christoph Barmet, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Spatiotemporal magnetic field monitoring for magnetic resonance systems.
- 2008 Dorothea Ilse Hollnagel, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Hemodynamics in cerebral arteries and aneurysms.
- 2008 Michael Lustig, PhD, Stanford University,
- 2008 Reto Trier, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Magnetic resonance imaging for the assessment of
human gastric motor function and gastric secretion.
- 2008 Andrea K.Rutz, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Advances in whole-heart MRI tagging for the assessment of myocardial motion.
- 2008 Martin von Siebental, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Analysis and modelling of respiratory liver motion using 4DMRI.
- 2008 Michaela Söllinger, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Assessment of intracranial dynamics using MRI.
- 2007 Ulrich Marco, PhD, University of Heidelberg, Germany. In German.
Phosphor-31-NMR-spektroskopische Bildgebung des Gehirns des Menschen in vivo.
[Echo-planar phosphorus-31 NMR spectroscopic imaging of the human brain in vivo].
- 2006 Haydar Çelik, Master, Bilkent University,
Novel RF Coil Technologies for MRI.
- 2006 Markus Nilsson, Hannah Rosquist, Master, Lund University,
Q-Space Diffusion MRI: Sequence Development and Phantom Design.
- 2005 Florian Wiesinger, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Parallel magnetic resonance imaging: potential and limitations at high fields.
- 2004 Kyle A.Bernheim, PhD, Caltech,
Functional and Structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Humans and Macaques.
- 2004 Karla L. Miller, PhD, Stanford University,
Novel Methods for Steady-state Neuroimaging.
- 2003 Corey Ann Kemper, Master, MIT,
Incorporation of Diffusion Tensor MRI in Non-Rigid Registration for Image-Guided Neurosurgery.
- 2002 Johanna Sivennoinen, PhD, Kuopio University,
A Study of NMR Relaxation in Blood -
Mechanistic Considerations and Implications for Quantitative Functional MRI.
- 2001 Anthonie Willem Wajer, PhD, Technical University of Delft,
Non-Cartesian MRI Scan Time Reduction through Sparse Sampling.
- 2000 Vincent Guffens, PhD, Université Catholique de Louvain,
Study and Correction of Field Inhomogeneity in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 1998 Jan Sijbers, PhD, Universiteit Antwerpen,
Signal and Noise Estimation from MR Images (HTML only).
- 1997 Stuart Clare, PhD, Nottingham University,
Other online THESES related to Magnetic Resonance
This category includes magnetic force microscopy and quantum computing,
and those topics where NMR or MRI are as such not in the main focus.
- 2008 Felix Raul Fisher, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Molecular torsion balances.
- 2008 Patrick Maletinsky, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Polarization and manipulation of a mesoscopic nuclear spin ensemble using a single confined electron spin.
- 2008 Martin Laforest, PhD, University of Waterloo, Canada,
Error characterization and quantum control benchmarking in liquid state NMR using quantum information processing techniques.
- 2008 Alexander Ferdinand Otte, PhD, University of Leiden, Netherlands
Magnetism of a single atom.
- 2007 Lorenz Meier, PhD, ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
Manipulation of electron spins in quantum wells with magnetic and electric fields.
- 2006 Alexandra Homsy, Dr.of Sciences, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Design, Microfabrication, and Characterization of MHD Pumps
and their Applications in NMR Environments.
- 2005 Christian Lukas Degen, PhD, ETH, Zürich,
Magnetic Resonance Force Microscopy.
- 2005 Giorgio Moresi, PhD, University of Basel, Switzerland
Magnetic Resonance Force Microscopy:
Interaction Forces and Channels of Energy Dissipation.
- 2004 Muhammad S.Anwar, PhD, Oxford University,
NMR Quantum Information Processing with Para-hydrogen.
- 2004 Anne S.Verhulst, PhD, Stanford University,
Optical Pumping Experiments to Increase the Polarization
in Nuclear-Spin Based Quantum Computers.
- 2003 Garett M.Leskowitz, PhD, Caltech,
Force-Detected Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Independent of Field Gradients.
Online Courses and Lecture Notes about NMR, ESR and NQR
- Applications of 1H NMR spectroscopy, by P.Hallpap and H.Händel (Uni Potsdam). English.
- Curso de Resonancia Magnética Nuclear, edited by E.M.Lorenzo (Argentina, Spain).
Several spectroscopy Courses, some in English and some in Spanish.
- Einführung in die 1H NMR Spektroskopie
by P.Hallpap and H.Händel, Uni Potsdam. In German.
Introduction to NMR Spectroscopy for Chemistry 435 at New Mexico State University.
- I parametri NMR, two NMR Spectroscopy Courses by Stefano Chimichi. In Italiano.
PDF documents: Il Chemical Shift and L'accoppiamento scalare spin-spin.
- La relaxation nucléaire dans les liquides by Jean-Pierre Korb (École Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France). In French.
- Muon Magnetic Resonance, a μSR course by Roberto DeRenzi.
- NMR Collaborative Training Project at Rider University.
- NMR Course by Roberto DeRenzi. Physics oriented.
- NMR Lecture Notes from University of Alicante (4 English, 1 Spanish).
- NMR Spectroscopy advanced web-course at Queen's University (Chemistry). Excellent.
- NMR Spectroscopy advanced course with animations by F. Sauriol (Queens Uni, Canada).
- NMR Spectroscopy course by J. Keeler (University of Cambridge, UK).
- NMR Spectroscopy course by G. Moyna (USIP, Philadelphia).
- NMR Spectroscopy in
the Virtual Textbook of Organic Chemistry by William Reusch.
- NMR Spectroscopy introductory course by A. C. de Dios (Georgetown University).
- NMR Spectroscopy introductory course by P. C. Montevecchi (Uni Bologna). In Italiano.
- NMR Spectroscopy introductory course by G. Rule (Carnegie Melon).
- NMR Spectroscopy introductory course by H. Rzepa (Imperial College, London).
- NMR Spectroscopy lecture notes by Oliver Zerbe (ETH, Zürich).
- NMR Spectroscopy lecture notes by William Milo Westler (MAFAM, Uni Wisconsin).
- NMR Spectroscopy lectures by Jiri Brus. A nice set of educational materials in Czech.
- NMR Spectroscopy lectures by Alexandre Efimov.
This site is in Finnish, but the lectures and seminars (exercises, really) are in English.
- NMR Spectroscopy lectures (see L02) by G.Gemmecker. 6 PDF's (1,2,3,4,5,6).
- NMR Spectroscopy lectures (see L01) by J.Keeler. 5 PDF's (1,2,3,4,5).
- NMR Spectroscopy of Polymers, UNESCO/IUPAC 2005/2006 Course by Jiri Brus. Very nice.
- Risonanza Magetica Nucleare: Appunti di Lezione by Alessandro Gambaro. In Italiano.
- Scripta about NMR theory, NMR moments, and ESR by N.A.Sergeev. In Polish.
- Solid-State NMR educational resources at Uni Durham. Excellent.
- Solid-State NMR introductory notes by Rob Schurko. Very good.
- Spin Dynamics Lecture Notes by J-Ph.Ansermet at EPFL.
Online MRI Courses and Lecture notes about MRI
Conference proceedings, books of abstracts, and Society bulletins
- 10th ICMRM and 9th CMNMR, book of Abstracts.
International Conference on Magnetic Resonance Microscopy (The Heidelberg Conference) and the Colloquium on Mobile NMR,
August 30 - September 4, 2009, West Yellowstone, Montana, USA.
- 6th NMRCM, book of Abstracts.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Condensed Matter,
June 29 - July 3, 2009, St.Petersburg, Russia.
SMASH 2009 (Small Molecules are Still Hot) books of Abstracts:
2009, September 20-23, 2009, Chamonix, France.
2010, September 26-29, 2010, in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 9th MRPM, selected Proceedings
Bologna Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Porous Media, July 13-17, 2008, Cambridge, Massachussetts, USA.
- ENC, long Abstracts
Experimental NMR Conference, complete collection from 1960 to 2008.
- The Bulletin of Magnetic Resonance of ISMAR.
A true treasure trove of free articles and reviews available up to Volume 20 (1999).
Schematics and manuals of instruments, software, procedures, ...
ADVERTISE with us
MATH | SOFTWARE
PHYSICS | CHEMISTRY
ELECTRONICS | DSP
WWW | Patents&IP
MRI | NMR | ESR
NMR / MRI Extras:
Centres & Groups
Stan's NMR Blog
Support this site!
SHOP from here:
This page is